Saturday 20 February 2010

If questions become books, how might they look?

In this little project, bookmaking meets desert wetlands investigation. Questions that have arisen from my wetlands walks have manifest themselves as tiny horizontal books.

Inspired by a recent Taos Book Arts Group meeting and with a bunch of card stock strips leftover from a card-making project, I allowed necessity to mother me into invention. I am constantly on the look out for ways to utilize recycled materials in my arts practice. So when I thought of creating a hand made book series based solely on repurposing cast-off or leftover materials, I was excited. It will both challenge my design ingenuity and enable me to throw less away.


Who knows what insights and outcomes this new medium will bring to the wetlands in the desert project.

No comments:

Post a Comment